Research and Instructional Services Librarian
Primary responsibilities are to coordinate reference services and library instruction within assigned subject areas, provide reference coverage, support collection development and teach library and information literacy.
Non-tenure track position with eligibility for Librarian I or II rank based upon professional experience.Responsibilities
In meeting this responsibility, the Reference and Instructional Services Librarian will:
- Coordinate and manage aspects of the reference services including but not limited to managing the reference collection, maintaining appropriate policies, documentation, and statistics.
- Coordinate and manage aspects of the instruction services including but not limited to scheduling library classrooms and maintaining appropriate policies, documentation, and statistics.
- Provide reference services through various communication methods and keep accurate counts.
- Actively solicit, create and teach library instruction to support the university's curriculum and students.
- Work with assigned departments and co-workers to enhance the library's collections and act as a point of contact for assigned departments as a subject liaison.
- Work within teams and departments to recommend new programs, policies, procedures and services for public services.
- Actively develop and implement ideas for the promotion of the library to the university community including but not limited to programs, activities, and services.
- Positively represents Clayton State University in professional, community, and state organizations.
- Actively participate in professional development and continuing education.
- Assist in covering service points as needed.
- Actively instruct users on how to use the institutional repository, promote IR usage as well as provide guidance on copyright and IR policies.
- May have special assignments which may include but not be limited to night and weekends, and student supervision.
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited school.
- Exhibit strong broad-based knowledge of reference sources.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong service orientation as demonstrated by an ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and library personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate library related applications through library instruction.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and implement those deemed appropriate for the community.
- Experience working with Education and Humanities faculty as subject specialist
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts (official transcripts are needed if hired)
- Names, phone numbers, and emails of three references
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (678) 466-4230, or by email at HumanResources@clayton.edu.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.Other Information
The successful applicant must hold an ALA-accredited Master's degree prior to start date.