Network and Telecommunications Specialist
- Set up new user accounts for staff, faculty, and students
- Manage all user accounts and system access, maintaining that only the minimum required access for an employee to do their job is granted.
- Remove accounts as staff, faculty and students leave the college.
- Maintain student, faculty, and student list-serves, and establish new lists as needed.
- Manage the IP phones system, set up new phones and coordinate moves as needed.
- Oversee College Blue Light System
- Coordinate with Facilities on Fire alarm and elevator phone dialers and phones.
- Assist in management of network and phone system cabling.
- Assist in Network switch management and port VLAN assignments.
- Assist in the management of the Virtual Server environment
- Assist in management of the College Disaster Recovery Plan and Data Protection Plan.
- Mark buried wiring for Facilities and other contractor work that may require digging and risk damaging College infrastructure, Electric, Data, Cable, and phone wiring.
- Assist is server management, include Patch Management Plan.
- Manage Fax server and faxing on campus.
- Assist in management of PaperCut and printing on campus. Set up students accounts and allocate print funds in PaperCut.
- Assist in the management and performance of the College’s Wi-Fi systems
- Manage Phone accounts and ordering and distribution of cell phones.
- Manage Cable TV accounts and service on campus.
- Be available to assist all other areas of IT as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or Technical Degree with relevant Experience.
- Previous knowledge of telephone systems preferred.
- Knowledge of AD/Azure administration.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, design, and management.
- Familiar with VMWare, use and administration
- Previous knowledge of Cisco switches preferred.
Wells College is a small coeducational liberal arts college located in the village of Aurora, New York, which offers affordable, family-friendly living within a half hour's drive of Ithaca and within a 75 minute radius of Rochester, Syracuse and numerous other colleges and universities – an area rich in natural, educational and cultural resources. Wells College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons. The College seeks to promote diversity in all of its hires to create a multicultural teaching, learning, and working environment; members of under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted online at www.wells.edu/employment and include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. All materials submitted should be in PDF. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.