Assistant Professor - Sport Management
Farmingdale State College invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Sport Management at the Assistant level. Responsibilities include: commitment to quality teaching, college and professional service, research leading to scholarly publications, and student advisement. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required. Ability to develop and/or teach a range of courses in sport management including introductory and upper level courses such as Analytics, Technology, Event Management, Ethics, and Finance, amongst other areas. Faculty member will be expected to teach online classes as well.
All faculty members at Farmingdale State College have three workload components: teaching, research and scholarly activity, and service. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest and high level of competence in teaching. Service includes advising students as well as serving on departmental and college wide committees. Candidates should have an established research agenda in an area that complements their area of academic specialty and has the potential for on-going peer-reviewed publications and presentations, both of which are necessary for promotion and tenure at Farmingdale State College.
To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a statement of teaching philosophy) and c.v. Only applications made through Farmingdale's electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research as well as a separate teaching demonstration.
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. in Sport Management or closely related field (such as Recreation Management) with strong research orientation in sport management and recreation. ABD with all degree requirements including dissertation defense by June 30, 2022 will be considered.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years college level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience with experiential learning and service learning.
- Relevant industry experience with significant industry contacts.
This is a full-time, 10 month, tenure track faculty position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Tuesday, September 14, 2021 and ending Monday, September 27, 2021, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Thursday, October 28, 2021
- SALARY: $70,000/year, may increase commensurate with experience
- ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 1, 2022
The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans.
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link - http://www.farmingdale.edu/consumer-information
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a statement on teaching philosophy and methodology), c.v., copies of teaching evaluations, unofficial copy of graduate transcripts (showing highest degree awarded/or currently in process), names and contact information of three references. Only applications made through Farmingdale's electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research/creative activities as well as a separate teaching demonstration.URL: www.farmingdale.edu/employment