Responsible to the Data Coordinator & Accounts Payable Manager for general accounting duties including accounts payable functions of reviewing and processing invoices/payment vouchers for payment, maintaining vendor relations, managing ePayables, assisting with student tuition accounts, and data entry to support financial accounting processes. This is a full-time, twelve-month position.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing vendor invoices, student refunds, and payment vouchers. Process and distribute payments and maintain appropriate supporting information for expenditures. Ensure compliance for college expenses to the college policy for all expenditures and refunds. Review vendor statements for outstanding items, investigate non-current charges and resolve outstanding items. Research and respond to vendor inquiries. Provide credit reference information to vendors. (45%)
- Assist with student tuition account charges/adjustments. (20%)
- Management of college’s ePayables process, including enrollment of new vendors, uploading accurate payment records, and assisting others with ePayables information on a timely basis. (15%)
- Responsible for the following (7%):
- preparing and processing college expense transfers and monthly interdepartmental transactions
- processing and reconciling cash advances and monitoring outstanding requests to college policy
- voiding checks in the system, as necessary
- pursuing sales tax exemption status in new states in which the college has significant purchases and providing construction & sales tax exemption certificates to vendors in which the college in exempt
- facilitating the college’s procurement of office supplies and performing administrative duties
- assisting with Unclaimed Property due diligence and reporting
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to ensure new vendors additions are appropriate, perform due diligence in vendor reviews, and maintain appropriate related records of new vendors approved each year. Maintain the vendor database and 1099-MISC tracking based on the vendor’s current W-9. Prepare the annual 1099-MISC tax forms. (6%).
- Prepare work papers for accounts payable and other related general ledger accounts. Provide assistance with the annual audit. (3%)
- Participate in on-going process improvements and document processes related to job duties. (2%)
- Perform other related tasks as assigned. (2%)
Employee is responsible for determining own work assignments referring to policies and general objectives for guidance. Employee confers with supervisor regarding unusual matters.Minimum Qualifications:
Associate’s degree in business or related field or 2 years of equivalent experience. Requires extensive computer knowledge in Microsoft Office environment; strong Excel skills; accounting knowledge and strong commitment to customer service.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.