Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for the initial financial aid (FA) contact with perspective students and recurring contact with continuing students, advising and assisting students with FAFSA completion and setting the expectation for what students should anticipate during the FA process.
TCS Education System operates on a hybrid remote/in office work schedule. Employees have the opportunity to experience the collaborative work environment of TCS by being in the office 3 days a week, while also enjoying the flexibility of having the option to work from home 2 days per week.
- Inbound and outbound calls to students to complete initial FAFSA.
- Serves as the primary contact for students to promote FAFSA completion and missing documents.
- Serves as the primary contact for continuing students for new FAFSA completion and missing documents.
- Counsels incoming students on financial aid resources.
- Stays up to date on financial aid information by attending Financial Aid workshops.
- Other duties as assigned by FA management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Flexible and quick learner.
- Desire to learn.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to empathize with different demographic populations.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, TCS Education System has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning November 15, 2021.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.