Financial Aid Training Manager
The primary responsibilities of the Training Manager include improving the overall productivity as well as enhancing on-going learning within the FA team. The Training Manager will be responsible for new hire and ongoing Counselor & Advisor training, packaging audits, phone observations and financial literacy initiatives. The Training Manager will partner with the financial aid management team to develop FA training programs and determine developmental needs to drive training initiatives and solutions for FA Counselors & Advisors that focus on compliance, efficiency, customer service and packaging.
- Develop and deliver bi-monthly team trainings
- Work in collaboration with management to address individual Advisor deficiencies and work with the Advisor 1 on 1 to improve productivity
- Develop, lead, evaluate, and manage 2-week new hire trainings
- Develop and deliver customer service training to support contact strategies for FA Counselors
- Oversee the monthly advisor packaging audit (minimum of 20% of all files submitted)
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of the monthly FA Newsletter for each affiliate as well as data tracking
- Assist other departments with new hires by providing an overview of financial aid (FA)
- Assist Sr. Director with financial literacy initiatives for each affiliate
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information impacting financial aid.
- Engaging personality, proactive, proficient communicator and team player.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in Financial Aid
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of financial aid practices as they relate to other departments such as Admissions and Academics
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time to various affiliate locations.
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, TCS Education System has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning November 15, 2021.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.