Community Education Manager
Reports To: Director – Community Education & Workforce Solutions
This position works closely with the Director in managing the Business & Community Education department office at the Cedar Falls location of the college. The manager is responsible for finances and billing for the Business & Community Education department. This position is responsible for data reporting, maintaining confidential information and maintenance of records and files. Management of Open Enrollment continuing education and Grant Funded training.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the Business & Community Education Operations staff and center.
- Maintains, assess and improve various software systems used by the division.
- Provides continuous process improvement strategies to support programs, student services and data management.
- Economic and Workforce Development Program and grants support.
- Compiles information for the Director, programming, promotions and sales professionals.
- Oversees and implements all training, updates, and Standard Operating Procedures for the continuing education software, Lumens.
- Manages finances from budgeting to bookkeeping.
- Oversees and develops operational Standard Operating Processes.
- Supports the increase in registrations, class offerings and contracts.
- Ensures continuity of workplace advancement and life & leisure course offerings.
- Consults with the marketing department on promotional strategies.
- Collects, compiles and safeguards confidential information.
- Responsible for data reporting to the internal and external entities such as MIS, VFA and NCCBP.
- Approves and signs leave forms and timesheets for staff and instructors.
- Guardian of program’s customer service value statement.
- Gathers, systematizes, and manages program’s routine activities, such as tabulating evaluations, contacting instructors to schedule upcoming sessions, etc.
- Decision-making regarding the running or canceling of classes/events and contacting participants.
- Supports continuing education facility room management scheduling and coordination.
- Supervises and/or directs office personnel to ensure accurate completion of requisitions, billing requests of Open Enrollment and Grant Funded training, and course lists.
- Serves on College committees and task forces
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three years of related experience: or an equivalent combination of education and experience to total 7 years.
- Demonstrated experience in program administration
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the coordination and reconciliation of budgets.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of software systems: Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis.
- Experience in fund accounting.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague software, Lumens, Learning Management (LMS), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Experience in process review and documentation.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience organizing reports with accuracy.
Full time, exempt, position with comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
Requires skills for succeeding in an office environment, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Work is performed in an office setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with students, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computer.
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment including a resume, 3 references with a minimum of 1 being from a past/current supervisor and a cover letter addressing the following:
- Describe supervisory experience and leadership style. Explain how you delegate work to employees.
- Describe responsibilities you have had in meeting deadlines, developing and scheduling multiple projects, record keeping, and organizing your work.
- Work experience detailing any specific tasks that pertain to the responsibilities of this position.
- Describe your computer experience including the usage of accounting application software and spreadsheets; include specific software names.
- Discuss an instance in which one of your ideas has helped to improve operations.
- Submit online application and all required materials by the deadline.