Medical Assistant - Part Time, Academic Year (82884)
The Medical Assistant (MA) will support clinicians and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication. The MA will interview patients during the intake process, record medical history, confirm the purpose of the visit, and prepare patients for examination. The MA will also perform preliminary physical tests including blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate, weight and temperature; and perform phlebotomy and laboratory services. Additionally, the MA will provide clinical support to ensure the efficient operation of the Regis College COVID-19 Testing Protocol. This part-time, academic year position will run for 9 months for approximately 25 hours per week.
Clinic coverage to include:
- Phlebotomy and basic lab procedures
- Patient care management
- Patient intake with regard to recording medical history and preparing patients for examination
- Preliminary physical tests including blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate, weight and temperature
Front desk coverage as needed to include:
- Scheduling appointments and greeting visitors
- Completion and submission of insurance forms
- Medical records filing/updating/record-keeping
COVID-19 Testing Center operations to include:
- Assist during patient-administered COVID-19 testing
- Maintain testing site rooms
- Obtain vital signs
- Perform basic lab procedures
Other responsibilities to include:
- Participation in continuing education
- Representing Health Services as assigned at meetings, conferences and wellness events
- Performing other related duties as required
- High school diploma or GED.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working at a healthcare practice or hospital.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- High level of professionalism.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Ability to uphold the College's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Work is performed primarily in health services environment which is generally not subject to extremes in temperature, noise odors, etc.
- May require some lifting of equipment and/or boxes of supplies, and assisting patients with physical activities.
- Uses medical diagnostic/testing equipment.
- Requires standing and bending when conducting medical examinations.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We're in this together!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran's status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.