Market Inventory Specialist
Kennesaw State University
Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
Job ID: 233081
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Market convenience store has expanded and now includes multiple permanent locations and various pop-up opportunities at KSU. Manages the day-to-day receiving and distribution of merchandise from a central warehouse to multiple locations as needed. Responsible for maintaining inventory counts, quality control procedures, and partnerships with store managers and buyers.
1. Receives inbound shipments, validates shipping documents, and enters purchase order receipts into the appropriate electronic system
2. Trains and directs student assistants in inventory management and delivery duties
3. Supports enforcement of loss prevention policies and researches and investigates
4. Pulls and loads orders for delivery to multiple campus locations
5. Maintains FIFO standards and oversees merchandise stocking at each store location
6. Addresses and reconciles order discrepancies with merchandise buyers and vendors
7. Performs returns of damaged, expired, and/or unused merchandise according to policyand associated guidelines
8. Leads cyclic and periodic physical inventories at direction of the manager
9. Responds to inquiries, conducts research and analysis in solving systemic warehouse issues
10. Provides valuable input and recommendations relating to increased productivity or process modification
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year related warehouse, logistics, or retail store experience
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Able to move, unload, and carry packages/deliveries, and operate material handling equipment (hand trucks and forklift)
Knowledge of storeroom/warehouse processes and procedures Knowledge of basic logistics, supply chain management, inventory control, and/or property management
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time
Able to delegate tasks and direct other staff members
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
This position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233081&PostingSeq=1