Lead IT Cybersecurity Analyst
The Lead IT Security Analyst will play a key role in leading and managing Farmingdale State College's (FSC) IT Cybersecurity program in conjunction with the CIO, IT Leadership and in partnership with the college's faculty, staff and students.
The Security Analyst should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a matrix reporting environment and will be expected to fulfill the following core responsibilities
- Daily monitoring and reviewing of security issues, incidents and partners with IT team to investigate and mitigate
- Provide technical support, best practices and training for faculty, staff and students across campus.
- Manage cybersecurity initiatives with limited supervision.
- Develops reports and procedures associated with IT Security Best Practices.
- Collaborates and provide security reviews of new technology and software for FSC.
- Triages of incoming security events, perform preliminary analysis, validate events, and escalate to management and senior level staff if events require additional response.
- Monitor's SUNY/State Identified security events as well as other public security feeds from Federal and Commercial Agencies.
- Attends meetings providing regular reporting to FSC Leadership, NY State and SUNY peer college representatives
- Assist in analyzing results from intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, network mapping software, log analysis, and other tools to detect, respond to, and mitigate information security related vulnerabilities and incidents
- Maintain audit and oversight of processes, procedures, and tools used to ensure security controls
- Perform Trend and Root Cause Analysis as well as Maintain Metrics and Prepare Rollup Reports
- Liaison with other Colleges, Universities, the State of NY and the SUNY SOC on behalf of the CISO as needed
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 Years of Cybersecurity Experience
- Uncompromising Ethics and Confidentiality (Submit to a background check)
- Must be able to maintain data confidentiality and compliance with legal & regulatory requirements
- Self-Motivated & have the ability to lead initiatives with limited direction
- Ability to Manage Security Related Projects
- Outstanding Organizational Skills to lead day to day operational activities
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience Developing Training & Communications Programs to Promote Cybersecurity Awareness
- Experience Leading & Evaluating IT Risk Assessments (HECVAT, SOC2?)
- Ability to lead Incident Response, Audit & Risk assessments as well as remediation strategies and technologies for mitigating future risks including the creation and update of IT procedures and policies
- Ability to conduct Annual Technical Cybersecurity Audits
- Demonstrated Understanding of Multi-Factor Authentication, Endpoint Detection Solutions, Data Loss Protection, Breach Response Planning, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning
- Working knowledge of IT Annual Vulnerability & Penetration Test and the ability to prioritize & mitigate findings
- Working Knowledge of PCI, NIST 800, FERPA, NY Shield Act, GLBA
- Ability to conduct IT Forensics Experience for Litigation Holds and Cybersecurity Investigations
- Working Knowledge of the following technology (Windows, Mac, Linux OS, Cloud & ERP Solutions, Alert Logic, Proofpoint, Cylance, VMWare, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Current Knowledge of Cybersecurity Risks & Industry Trends
This is a full-time UUP position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Monday, September 13, 2021 and ending Friday, September 24, 2021, UUP Farmingdale applications will be given priority.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled
- Salary: $75,000/year, may increase commensurate with experience
The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Interested candidates may apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the "Apply Now" link at the bottom of this page. We require the following documents: