Academic Records Specialist
1. Provide customer service via telephone, email, and in-person inquiries; investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues presented by a variety of constituents, including students, university staff, other institutions, and the public.
2. Evaluate eligibility based on university policies, procedures, and federal requirements, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of academic records, including but not limited to:
- Changes to assigned grades
- Academic Amnesty grade changes
- Name change requests
- Social Security Number changes
- Maintain and process tuition & overload waivers
3. Compose routine correspondence to students, agencies(IBHE NC-SARA), other institutions, and other stakeholders concerning requests for information or processing forms; may mail standard response letters for routine requests
4. Navigate room assignment software and assign rooms for the courses offered each term, while ensuring academic space utilization and faculty classroom assignments are consistent with faculty requests for space and contain efficient resources for course delivery.
5. Verify requests for dates of attendance and degrees awarded through the National Student Clearinghouse website; authenticate claims and documents; identify suspected fraudulent documents and report to the Assistant Registrar & University Registrar.
6. As needed provide administrative support for the Office of Registrar. Support will include answering telephones, appointment scheduling, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of inquiries generally in support of the daily operations of the Office of Registrar.
7. Perform accurate data entry of transcripts received and courses taken by students at external institutions.
8. Assist in the administration and implementation of the Office of Registrar programs and projects.
9. May train constituents when requested on proper use and functionality of the student module of the Student Information System (Banner).
10. Maintain curricular resources including web documents and not limited to the creation and updates of transfer information for prospective students in collaboration with others in the Office of the Registrar.
11. May be asked to make suggestion for the assignment of academic credit from other colleges and universities with guidance from established articulation agreements.
12. Understand and provide guidance for Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) to university students and employees.
13. Assist with the Coordination of Commencement Activities:
- Organize Commencement Fairs for graduates each term
- Order diplomas for all graduates
- Communicate with Graduates at the request of the University Registrar or Provost Office
- Distribute graduate lists to campus and support proofing of commencement program
- Prepare Diploma covers for Commencement
- Prepare University Registrar for Commencement ceremonies
- Distribute mailing of diplomas once awarded
14. Additional duties assigned by University Registrar.
1. Enter, edit, and update semester schedule on the Student Information System (Banner).
2. Process transcript requests daily and answer question regarding transcript request processing.
3. Maintain files on current and inactive students.
4. Maintain and update documents on Office of Registrar Website as needed.
5. Navigate room assignment software and assign rooms for the courses offered each term, while ensuring academic space utilization and faculty classroom assignments are consistent with faculty requests for space and contain efficient resources for course delivery.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Degree
- Three years’ previous office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SCT Banner or other Administrative Software important
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment – flexibility
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be trustworthy (this position deals with confidential information)
- Must be willing to learn and willing to ask questions
- Must be accurate
- Must have strong organizational skills.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.