Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Front Range Community College
Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Larimer Campus
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project, recently selected as a "Most Promising Place to Work" in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also have a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community and will support our Philosophy of Inclusion.
We are guided by the philosophy "One College, Many Communities." Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices, but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020.
Who You Are
As the Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), you will direct Small Business Development Center (SBDC), which provides street-smart business education and connection to useful resources, to Larimer County small business owners and entrepreneurs seeking to start, or better operate, a business. The SBDC is "hosted" and sponsored by FRCC. In this Director position, you will develop and execute strategies, programs, and tactics to optimally support the Larimer County entrepreneur in collaboration with local/regional economic development partners as well as Small Business Administration and SBDC partners.
Please note: This is an on-campus position. You need to be a Colorado resident by your first day of employment.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of September 28, 2021.
In your application, please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Beginning in mid-December, all employees of FRCC will have a choice to submit a copy of their vaccination card or to agree to weekly COVID-19 testing.
SALARY: High $70's annually
BENEFITS: 2021 - 2022 APT & Faculty Benefits
- Collaborates with economic development partners to understand, create, and explain "swim lanes" for SBDC programs, and understand partner programs that might be helpful to SBDC clients.
- Provides strategic direction, leadership, appropriate team management to accomplish SBDC center objectives.
- Directs SBDC center expense management and revenue generation, operating on a revenue-neutral basis, at minimum.
- Counsels, trains, and assists small business owners/entrepreneurs in business set-up, optimizing operations, finance and accounting practices, business maturation, and expansion/exit strategies.
- Works and collaborates with Larimer SBDC partner organizations such as the Small Business Administration, and other Colorado SBDC centers including the North Metro Denver SBDC to execute statewide and federal programs in support of the entrepreneur.
- Designs and executes programming and resources for the local entrepreneur. This includes recruiting/training of our business consultants, and development of classes/workshops to better educate the entrepreneur.
- Represents and advocates strongly and professionally for Front Range Community College with the regional business and economic community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, Organizational Management, or a related field.
- Three-to-five years of experience of business ownership, to include: operations, team management, sales/marketing of products or services, finance and accounting functions, or similar applicable experience.
- Experience collaborating with multiple organizations.
- Ability to identify, develop, and maintain useful external partnerships.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong data, financial, and quantitative analysis skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Organizational Management or related field.
- Licenses/certifications showing on-going business and/or personal growth.
- Training and consulting experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.