Assistant Professor - Economics
Farmingdale State College is seeking to hire a tenure track assistant professor in economics. Job duties include normal teaching load (12 contact hours) in general and specialty areas including introductory and intermediate economics courses, as well as quantitative analysis courses in support of the Applied Economics, Business Management, and Sport Management programs, research leading to publication in academic journals, student advisement and recruitment activities, and college service activities. While fields of specialization are open (A1: General Economics; 00: Any Field), the department does have a strong preference for an individual with teaching and research interests in Financial Economics and Finance (G00), Health Economics (I1), or Business Economics (M2).
All faculty members at Farmingdale State College have three workload components: teaching, research and scholarly activity, and service. Service includes advising students as well as serving on departmental and college wide committees. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest and high level of competence in teaching. Candidates should have a research agenda that complements their area of academic specialty and has the potential for peer-reviewed publications and presentations, both of which are necessary for promotion and tenure at Farmingdale State College. Faculty members will be expected to teach courses in both the classroom and online.
To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a short statement of teaching philosophy/methodology), and a c.v.. Candidates invited for final interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research as well as a separate teaching demonstration.
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. in Economics, or ABD with all degree requirements completed including the dissertation defense by June 30, 2022.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Developed research agenda.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. already awarded.
- Established record of scholarship and publications.
- Interest and ability to develop and teach courses in Finance and Financial Economics, Health Economics, or Business Economics.
This is a full-time, 10 month, tenure track faculty position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Monday, September 13, 2021 and ending Friday, September 24, 2021, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- SALARY: $70,000/year, may increase commensurate with experience
- ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 1, 2022
The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans.
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link - http://www.farmingdale.edu/consumer-information
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a statement on teaching philosophy and methodology), c.v., copies of teaching evaluations, unofficial copy of graduate transcripts (showing highest degree awarded/or currently in process), names and contact information of three references. Only applications made through Farmingdale's electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research/creative activities as well as a separate teaching demonstration.URL: www.farmingdale.edu/employment