Welcome Center Manager
Pace University is seeking an individual to oversee the daily operations of the Welcome Center on the Pleasantville Campus and supervise the staff of paid student ambassadors. This position is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to prospective students, families, and campus visitors – both in person and virtually, at the undergraduate and graduate levels. This is a student-facing position and is the first point of in-person contact for many prospective students and their families. As such, the manager will conduct information sessions, coordinate campus tours and group visits, and work as part of the visitor experience team and as an extension of the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Although the position is located on the Pleasantville Campus you may be required to travel to the NYC campus on occasion and participate in off-campus events that require travel.
- Manage the campus visit experience for prospective students and guests.
- Assist the Office of Undergraduate Admission and enrollment events team with the planning and execution of campus-wide recruitment events. Support enrollment events both on and off-campus and virtually, by presenting and organizing tour guides for campus tours.
- Conduct information sessions and webinars that introduce Pace University to prospective students and guests both in person and virtually.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student workers (30 – 40 per semester) to conduct campus tours and execute special projects as assigned, including phone calling and note card writing.
- Coordinate specialized tour programs including academic interest tours, athletic recruitment tours, employee orientation tours, group visits for high schools and community organizations, school counselor visitations, and any other special tours needed by University departments.
- Monitor campus visit data/feedback and conduct continuous market research; make recommendations for continuous improvement to remain relevant and competitive in our tour program offerings.
- Oversee all Human Resources, administrative, and daily operations of the Welcome Center, as well as manage the department budget.
- Maintain visitor information in Slate database and prepare visitor reports and data analysis to develop planning.
- Prepare regular reports regarding campus visit activity.
- Support the Office of Undergraduate Admission during reading and travel season if needed. Some travel may be required.
- Responsible for increasing on-campus visitors to the University.
- Become proficient in the Slate CRM system to schedule programming and develop associated communication plans.
- Work with the departments in Enrollment Management to conduct phone calling campaigns for specified targeted cohorts.
- Manage special projects related to admission when needed, including but not limited to Setter for Day and webinars.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of experience in college admissions or recruiting is preferred.
- Skilled at public speaking; able to speak before groups of various sizes, in a variety of settings.
- Committed to providing a superior level of customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of motivating a team of positive and enthusiastic student ambassadors and volunteers.
- Ability to learn and accurately disseminate University statistics and enrollment policies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs and Slate database a plus.
- Ability to travel and have dependable transportation.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Weekends required (position hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 9am-5pm; some evenings and other weekend days required for events).
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/19199
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.