Assistant Athletics Trainer
The University of Akron, a Division I Institution and member of the Mid-American Conference is accepting applications for an Assistant Athletics Trainer.
Primary responsibilities include: Coordinating and delivering athletics training and sports medicine services for assigned student-athletes; providing evaluation, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of injury and illnesses for the University's student-athletes; supervising practices and competitions for assigned sports; preparing documentation to record expenses and maintain injury reports; distributing information and communicating injury reports to coaches, strength and conditioning staff and administrators for the purpose of promoting cooperation between the sports medicine division and the athletics administration; and supervising and educating athletic training students during their clinical experience and maintain sports medicine facilities and supplies.
- Master's degree
- National Athletic Trainer Association certification
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Athletics training in a Division I College setting
- Knowledge of human anatomy, exercise physiology and evaluation and rehabilitation techniques
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet capabilities
- Ability to instruct classes and supervise student trainers.
About University of Akron:
As one of the largest employers in the region, The University of Akron is creating a community and workforce committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and in the region. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to qualified candidates who are passionate about shaping and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, experts, artists, and leaders.
Salary: The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.