Greek Village Property Manager - Gamma Phi Beta
The Gamma Phi Beta Property Manager is a full-time staff member of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life who is responsible for the quality of living in a sorority house at the University of South Carolina. Primary duties include supervision of staff, maintenance and facility operations, residential program development and implementation, crisis management and student support. The Property Manager is responsible for working with a local house corporation. This is a live-in position that requires 24/7 facility management and presence while residents are in the facility. Property managers also serve in the on-call duty rotation
Primary duties include:
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships for the procurement of all groups and services necessary for the efficient operation of the property.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all facility employees including but not limited to kitchen staff and housekeeping staff. Establish job duties and clearly communicate job duties and expectations to employees and contract labor.
- Complete safety and security-related administrative tasks such as conducting periodic fire safety checks to ensure compliance with fire safety policies, documenting incidents when they occur, and maintaining the card access system.
- Ensure that effective crisis management procedures are in place, reviewed and practiced.
- Promote an inclusive and welcoming environment that celebrates an appreciation for diversity within the house.
- Serve as a resource for all chapter members regarding campus support services and services in the local community.
- Represent student needs by following up on their concerns and questions promptly and personally, and communicate specific issues to your supervisor or other appropriate offices
- Serve as an effective liaison between university/fraternity/sorority members and the House Corporations and external constituents such as alumni. Maintain timely and open communication with the House Corporation board members and other advisors.