Data Manager - Clinical Research Trials (Cancer Institute)
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Data Manager for the Clinical Trials Research Unit. This position is responsible for providing the research team with high level support related to the collection and reporting of study-related clinical data. The Data Manager is responsible for the time sensitive gathering, recording, and dissemination of treatment-related information for regular reporting and monitoring by the research team and study sponsors.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Identify and verify appropriate clinical source documentation for data reporting.
- Coordinate data collection with the clinical research team to facilitate efficient and accurate data reporting and regulatory documentation.
- Gather and extract patient clinical data for entry into later phase industry and federal (i.e. NCI, Cooperative groups) sponsor-supplied case report forms to measure overall study progress and regulatory documentation compliance.
- Maintain individual research subject records by obtaining copies of medical records, lab reports, treatment schedules, and other vital protocol-related information.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of patient/protocol information.
- Provide data for audit by outside agencies.
- Assist in the regulatory aspects of protocol, which may include regulatory document preparation, IRB application preparation, adverse event reporting, and IRB communications.
- Abstract data for clinical research needs.
- Maintain knowledge of professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting clinical data research and management, and adhere to industry and government standards.
- Bachelor's degree in allied healthcare, biology, computer science, or other related field OR an equivlent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Research Data Manager.
- Skilled at effective data collection and creating effective customized reports.
- Effective time management skills at meeting deadlines.
- Skilled at identifying and verifying appropriate clinical source documentation for data reporting.
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects of protocol management.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Clear understanding of medical terminology and ability to define symptomatology and diagnosis.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Sep 10, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes