Country Roads Coordinator (MT) - Center for Excellence in Disabilities
The West Virginia University Center for Excellence in Disabilities (WVUCED) is seeking applications for a part-time, temporary Country Roads Coordinator. The Country Roads Program at West Virginia University is a transitional 4-year program for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Students complete certifications and receive core courses during the first two years of the program that are non-degree seeking but strengthen their occupational preparation, social skills, and daily living. Students can transition to a degree-seeking program in their 3rd year based on their interest and successful application to WVU.
The Country Roads Coordinator will serve as the central contact for students while enrolled in the program. This individual will work with Country Roads faculty to ensure the curriculum is implemented and coordinated smoothly during the academic year. The individual will work closely with different representatives throughout the university to ensure students apply, enroll, and are registered for the course for each semester.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Establish and maintain student records including grades, contacts, application materials, and information needed within the WVU system.
- Coordinate with faculty to ensure curriculum and support materials are complete and available for review.
- Become knowledgeable and be able to trouble shoot systems within the university (e.g., SOLE, ecampus) to sustain student access to home assignments and other course materials.
- Complete the logistics for CR meetings, events, and gatherings.
- Implement developed student performance measures and surveys based on assessment calendar.
- Associate's degree OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Six (6) months administrative experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience in serving individuals with special needs.
- Ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with individuals with disabilities and to develop professional, supportive, compassionate relationships.
- Proficient use of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and mathematical calculations.
- Must be proficient in the use of PC and related software programs, including databases and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices and protocol.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to coordinate schedules, plan meetings, complete reports, enter data into computer systems and problem solve.
Assignment Length: Approximately 8.5 months
Work Hours: 20 hours/week
Pay Grade: 12
- Valid driver's license
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Sep 10, 2021
Posting Classification: Temporary
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No