Information Assistant - Community Based Testing Center
The Community Based Testing Center at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Information Assistant. This position is responsible for administering On-Line testing in a high security office. A testing environment is intense, offers opportunity to exercise problem-solving skills under pressure, significant contact with public; maintain confidentiality for clients. Attendance requirements are inflexible, and position will work some Saturdays and evenings.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Administer exams, continuous monitoring of candidates, verify identity, digital photographing, thumb printing, maintain working knowledge of all Prometric practices, policies, and procedures, protect security of software and testing equipment, identify and report irregularities at testing center, communicate with Prometric's technical department, and maintain training and certifications on all Prometric equipment. Biometric Fingerprinting and Identification scanning. Operation of Biometric Web cam.
- Greet candidates, convey instructions, verifying id validation, collecting, and filling documents, Security of opening and closing testing center, maintain office supplies, resolve candidate issues and or building problems, Clean and maintain office and testing room.
Pay Grade: 10
Work Hours: 20.25 Hours Per WeekQualifications
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of experience preferably in a testing environment.
- Experience dealing firmly with public.
- Experience dealing with culturally diverse candidates.
- Organizational skills demonstrated in a professional environment.
- Verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and interrupt operational documents.
- Ability to compose and send routine reports and correspondence.
- Willingness and ability to work well in the intense expedite check-in procedures; contend with multiple telephone calls, callbacks and registrations.
- Cope with demanding thorough and continuous monitoring of testing room.
- Computer literacy, basic understanding of computer hardware and software; multi-tasking; communicate with Prometric technical support, ability to handle highly secure confidential information and compliance issues.
- Ability to handle emergency situations.
- Dress code is professional.
- Must pass the Test Center Administrator after 60 hours of onsite training.
- Requirement for all Prometric Testing Centers - Each TCA must be certified.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Sep 9, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes