Student Accounts Billing & Loan Coordinator
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Student Accounts, the Student Accounts Billing and Loan Coordinator is responsible for managing the Federal Perkins Loan program. Responsibilities also include the knowledge and processing of miscellaneous billing from various departments at the College. This position is responsible for upholding exceptional customer service standards while adhering and complying to federal, state regulations and College policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Federal Perkins Loan Program.
- Identify accounts that require the Perkins separation process.
- Create and send correspondence to ensure students complete Perkins loan exit interview.
- Organize student accounts in regard to Perkins Loan status.
- Provide prompt, accurate and exceptional customer service via, phone, email and in-person interactions for both students and families.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Financial Aid and Registration processes to further assist students and families.
- Identify and send correspondence to defaulted Perkins accounts.
- Research and provide students with benefit options to return loans to current status, formulate internal payment arrangements for defaulted loans.
- Assign delinquent accounts to respective collection agency, Identify seriously delinquent accounts and complete process for Federal Department of Education assignment. Process Americorp and loan consolidation payments in ESCI system, Complete check requests for ESCI invoices, Accurately code collection check payments for Student Accounts Receivable Coordinator and Representative. Conduct cross-training sessions to enhance customer service practices and improve departmental processes. Serve as backup for an array of duties pertaining to the Collections Coordinator, Student Accounts Veterans Coordinator, Billing Coordinator, Accounts Receivable Coordinator, and Accounts Receivable Representative positions.
- Gain and maintain an understanding of federal regulations, best practices and college policy as it pertains to Perkins loans and collection processes;
- Ensure compliance with regulations and policies.
- Attend conferences/webinars to ensure College is adhering to federal and state regulations.
- Reconcile Federal Perkins Loan accounts from ESCI with College General Ledger, Reconcile Federal Perkins Loan accounts from ESCI with Collection agency Inventory, Provide Month-end reports for auditing.
- Compile listings/reports from various departments at the College and accurately update student accounts with billing including but not limited to parking tickets, parking permits, Health Center charges, ID replacement fees, housing charges/adjustments, tuition and fee adjustments, housing adjustments, and returned eRefunds.
Appointment Months Per Year: 12 month
Posted Date: Sep 3, 2021
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates degree required or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years' work-related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be a well-organized, high energy individual with excellent customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of ESCI loan Servicer system and modules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate verbally and through written word to students and families while upholding exceptional customer service values.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal and state regulations and industry best practices as pertains to the Student Accounts area; understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- An intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to set priorities and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism under all circumstances.
- Demonstrable good judgment, ability to work under pressure, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- The position requires excellent attention to detail in order to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Willingness to learn and incorporate skills from other student service centric areas such as Financial Aid and Registrars.
- Must be able to work independently while collaborating in a team environment.
- Occasional evening, holiday, or weekend work required at the beginning of fall and spring semesters and pre-registration.
This position has been designated as forward facing and as such, the incumbent will be required to be immunized against COVID-19 on or before their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination status, or an attestation to the same effect, will be required. Individuals may seek ADA accommodations or a religious exemption, upon request with HR, but must do so prior to their arrival.
At Springfield College, we offer competitive and generous benefit options for employees and their families.
- Tuition benefits for employees and dependents
- Tuition exchange program for dependents
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Paid Sick Leave Benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan (TIAA) with a generous college match
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan(s)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (health care expenses and dependent care)
- Life and accident insurance plans
- Long-term disability
- Optional voluntary benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness benefits and programs
- Free use of our state-of-the-art Wellness Center
- Discounts on campus and with local businesses
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equity in education and employment. To that end, the College welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and lived experiences, who will contribute to a culture of inclusion and respect. For more information about Springfield College's position on diversity and inclusion, please visit our Office of Inclusion and Community Engagement.