Instructor, Technical Training
Position Title Instructor, Technical Training
Position Type Full Time Regular
Annual Schedule 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Variable
Anticipated Days Monday - Friday
Anticipated Hours Variable
Anticipated Hours per Week 40 hours/week, with additional hours during the evening on occasion
Work Location A-B Tech Main Campus
Job Description Summary
- Serves as a subject matter expert and assists with curriculum development efforts that are applicable to industrial client needs, and continuously evaluates and adapts curriculum as needed.
- Assists in developing and implementing course objectives and lesson plans.
- Delivers structured pre-hire assessment and training, and post-hire specific technical training related to machining operations, coating, equipment operations, automation, and systems integration, quality, shop math, precision measurement, print reading, safety, machine controls, Lean principles, equipment maintenance.
- Assists with training equipment procurement, setup, utilization, and maintenance.
- Assists with training schedule according to client needs and schedules.
- Collaborates with adjunct and contract trainers.
- Demonstrates flexibility in providing instruction in all programs.
- Works with A-B Tech, industry clients, and other workforce professionals to develop and administer apprenticeship programming.
- Assists with administrative components associated with industry client Customized Training Program projects as directed.
- Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and R.I.S.E. statement.11. Supports diversity in all aspects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must have experience in either or a combination of industrial/manufacturing operations, technical or construction operations, technical industrial training, or equipment maintenance in an industrial business setting, or training in a higher education environment;
- Must have programming, training, or operations work experience in computer-controlled machine operation or other equipment in an industrial environment;
- Must have experience or certifications that demonstrate proficiency in all safety categories and OSHA regulations;
- Must have the ability to obtain professional certifications as opportunities present themselves including First Aid/CPR, leadership certifications such as Achieve Global or DDI, Expert OJT, Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belt, etc.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Machining, Tool and Die, or Computer-Integrated Machining;
- Work experience or training in CNC and manual machining operations;
- Work experience in programming, setup, and maintenance of PLCs;
- Experience with equipment automation and systems integration;
- Journeyman’s Card (completion of Apprenticeship);
- Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent teaching experience;
- Experience with the tool, die, or mold making.
- Experience with production machining.
- Solid Works or Inventor experience, or CAM software.
- Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent CNC programming experience;
- Experience with Haas controllers;
- Welding experience;
- Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- When applicable, upload the relevant transcript that correlates to the degree requirement in the minimum requirement or preferred qualifications with in the job posting. The transcript must show the individual courses taken and the degree that is conferred or awarded.
- If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work.
- Transcripts outside of the United States must be accompanied by an evaluation completed by a NACES recognized agency and received by Human Resources at least two weeks prior to the first day of work.
Why Should I Work at A-B Tech?
A-B Tech Welcoming Culture (R.I.S.E)
A-B Tech is looking for:
Review Date: (Application should be submitted by 8:00 a.m. EST on this date for consideration) 09/23/2021
Start Date 10/11/2021
Keep Open Until Filled Yes
Keep Open Until Filled Applications will be accepted after the pre-screening date until a suitable candidate has accepted the job offer.
Salary or Hourly Pay Range (Salary is Non-Negotiable) Salary: $50,112 - $53,868 Total Comp: $72,071 - $76,947