Education Coordinator - Assessment - AZCOM
This position reports to Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (AZCOM) Dean's Office. The Education Coordinator's primary responsibility is to provide support for clinical courses, didactic classes, workshops, and small groups within their department and to assist the Department Chair, Associate Chair if present and his/her faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Course/Workshop/Small Group/Didactic Day Support:
- Track and schedule post rotation examinations for Clinical Education, which includes arranging for the needs of students with approved examination accommodations.
- Enter and track grades for assignments, quizzes, examinations, attendance, and participation points
- Update, maintain and collect data from course-related Canvas materials/Top Hat programs
- Prepare exams for upload into Testing Center software
- Coordinate copying of handouts with Copy Center
- Maintain communications with students and faculty with regards to schedules, presentations, examinations, and newly implemented software and policy changes
- Schedule off-site lectures
- Arrange room / media / simulation scheduling
- Order medical supplies
- Proctor written exams when necessary
- Initiate letters of agreement/payroll for guest lecturers, OSCE, lab or practical exam proctors
- Set up distance learning courses when necessary
- Cover other departments' courses, as assigned by the Associate Dean of Curriculum and Faculty Development.
Department and Regional Support:
- Track and submit post rotation examination results to the proper personnel in Clinical Education
- Schedule appointments for students or faculty to meet with Chair or department faculty
- Schedule appointments for regional leads to meet with faculty at regional sites
- Arrange for office supply orders through Front Office assistant
- Prepare preceptor/presentation packets for Chair/faculty recruiting
- Prepare lecture schedules for regional sites and provide administrative support, as needed
- Arrange library and/or e-mail privileges for off-campus faculty, if requested
- Track and submit faculty CME for all classes, small groups, pre-rotation modules and didactics to AZCOM CME Department
- Budget tracking for department
- Track Chair/faculty expenses for conferences, dues, subscriptions and book orders
- Track and arrange payment of invoices related to post rotation examinations used in clinical education
- Arrange for credit card payment of Chair/faculty dues, subscriptions, conference registrations and provide documentation to pay and reconcile payments at end of month
- Process E-checks, P.O.'s, including book orders for Chair/faculty/department
- Process travel approval forms and arrange air travel for Chair/faculty (business)
- Prepare Chair/faculty estimated expense pre-approval forms for department/conference travel
- Arrange hotel and rental car arrangements for Chair/faculty
- Submitmonthly Concur reports for Chair/faculty department-approved travel and conference expense reimbursement
- Arrange/take minutes for department meetings
- Type letters of recommendation for Chair/faculty and upload to ERAS, as directed by student
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner and have regular, predictable, in-person attendance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills in both oral and written communication as well as good organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well under pressure to manage multiple priorities and deadlines for themselves as well as Department members.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and 5-7 years administrative support experience required. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Familiarity with Canvas and Top Hat highly preferred.
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race; color; religion; creed; national origin or ancestry; ethnicity; sex (including pregnancy); gender (including gender expressions, gender identity; and sexual orientation); marital status; age; disability; citizenship; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services; genetic information; or any other protected class, in accord with all federal, state and local laws, including 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a). Midwestern University complies with the Smoke-Free Arizona Act (A.R.S. 36-601.01) and the Smoke Free Illinois Act (410 ILCS 82/). Midwestern University complies with the Illinois Equal Pay Act of 2003 and Arizona Equal Pay Acts.
Bachelors or better.
High School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)