Vice President of Student Services
Compensation: $95,563-$101,383 plus excellent benefits including generous employer contributions to medical, dental and vision premiums, and participation in the Oregon PERS retirement system.
Who we are…
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is a rural community college, sized perfectly to be dynamic, nimble and innovative. We serve a full-time equivalency (FTE) of approximately 850 students, with a total headcount of approximately 4,000 students.
CGCC serves a diverse region in north-central Oregon and south-central Washington. Our main campus is within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in The Dalles. There is also a satellite location in Hood River, Oregon.
We are in need of…
A strategic, student focused individual to serve as Vice President of Student Services. The successful candidate will be instrumental in providing vision and leadership in all aspects of admissions, registration, student records, financial aid, advising, student life and student recognition. The Vice President of Student Services works closely with the Vice President of Instructional Services to ensure coordination between student and instructional services programs which supports student success, persistence and completion. As a leader at the College, you will champion a continuous improvement mindset, build a culture of student success, and advance strong decision-making and innovation for the leadership team.
What you will do…
- Lead and administer student recruitment and retention programs at the College.
- Create, promote and administer student services and programs with students, faculty, staff and community.
- Lead and coordinate production of student publications including quarterly schedule of classes, Career Pathways brochures, limited entry program information packets, and the College catalog in collaboration with the Vice President of Instruction.
- Serve as the Chief Conduct Officer for the college to create and deliver training on policies and procedures for various campus groups.
- Oversee enrollment and student data for D-4A, IPEDS, and Student Right to Know reports. Produce internal reports for enrollment management and course planning. Compile data for annual Student Profile, student surveys, and other reports as requested.
What you bring….
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in administration, education, planning, or one of the disciplines taught at the college.
- Three or more years of administrative or management experience in an environment involving planning, budgeting, supervision, student development and community relations.
- Experience in post-secondary education; teaching and/or administration preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for student success, persistence and completion
- Experience with student housing and athletics preferred.
What the area offers…
Columbia Gorge Community College is located in an area of exceptional scenic beauty, recreational opportunity, and climatic diversity. The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area offers spectacular waterfalls and scenic vistas, while the majestic Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood volcanoes dominate the skyline to the north and south.
Manufacturing, technology, and IT companies are expanding rapidly in the area, which is home to companies such as Insitu/Boeing, Tofurky, Cardinal Glass, Sagetech, HoodTech, and Google. Much of the area is connected to agricultural pursuits, with large acreages of wheat fields, cherry, pear, and apple orchards, and dozens of vineyards. Outdoor recreation is one of the primary lifestyle benefits of the area, and it attracts a busy tourist industry. Portland is only an hour away, with its various urban attractions and access to international travel.
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications for this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
Closes October 3, 2021
Starting annual salary $95,563-$101,383
Salary placement dependent on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Please include a resume, letter of interest and unofficial transcripts with your application materials