Executive Officer for Trustee Relations
The UNM Foundation is looking for an Executive Officer for Trustee Relations. The Executive Officer will staff the UNM Foundation Board of Trustees and Board committees to optimize their engagement with UNM and the UNM Foundation. Plan and implement programs and activities that ensure the UNM Foundation Board and volunteers are fully connected to, involved with, and informed about UNM and the UNM Foundation. Work with UNM Foundation leadership to develop and execute engagement plans for each Trustee based on their interests in and commitments to UNM. Interact regularly with the UNM Foundation Board and volunteers, President and CEO, General Counsel, and other members of the Executive and Leadership teams. Serve as a central point of contact for Trustees, anticipating their needs, leveraging their networks, and connecting them to leaders within UNM and the UNM Foundation. Provide complex and confidential administrative support to UNM Foundation Board (including the Board chair) and President and CEO. Coordinate communications and scheduling between the UNM Foundation President and CEO and the UNM President/other key UNM/HSC leaders.
- Ability to independently manage and balance responsibilities and projects to advance UNM Foundation goals and objectives.
- Exceptional time management skills and experience in designing, managing, and delivering high quality projects on time.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior leadership at UNM and UNM Foundation, Trustees, donors, and other constituents of UNM and the UNM Foundation.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer software applications such as Office 365, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Zoom, and BoardEffect.
- Adherence to UNM Foundation policies and procedures including but not limited to policies related to protection of confidential information.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of related experience.
- Experience in higher education and/or non-profit organizations.
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
Please visit our website at www.unmfund.org/careers for application. Cover letter and resume requested.