IRB Associate Director
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is responsible for the review of all human subject research conducted at all campuses of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. The IRB Associate Director will assist the IRB Director with all administrative activities associated with processing applications for IRB review.
- Assist in the processing of all research applications for all Campuses the IRB Committee reviews in accordance with the federal regulations
- Assist in conducting preliminary reviews of all IRB applications to ensure compliance with TCSPP IRB policies and federal regulations
- Assist in responding to inquiries from students & faculty regarding research activities.
- Review requests for IRB Exemption
- Review Addendum Requests
- Send applications to IRB members for review
- Prepare documents for and attend IRB Meetings
- Draft minutes from the IRB meeting
- Preparation of all correspondence to researchers that convey the IRB Committee decisions and contingencies for IRB approval
- Assist in maintaining IRB database.
- Assist in conducting training sessions for students and faculty
- Other duties as assigned by the IRB Director
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the OHRP regulations regarding the protection of human research participants
- Knowledge of the principles of ethical conduct of research with human subjects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks and adjust to changing needs
- Knowledge of MS Office & Excel
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college
- A minimum of 3 years of direct experience in IRB Administration
- Certified IRB Professional or willing to obtain certification within 1 year.
Company:The Chicago School of Professional Psychology