Digital Media Specialist
The Digital Media Specialist manages the operations of the Library’s One Button Studio and digital media workstations as well as coordinating customer-service-oriented end-user support of emerging hardware and software in the field of audio and visual technology. The position provides outreach, conducts workshops, and one-on-one training to students, faculty and staff on digital media and digital literacy. The Digital Media Specialist also coordinates technology and equipment lending to students, faculty and staff and assists at the Library Circulation and Information Desks as needed.
Duties include front-end and back-end oversight and support of student use of technology and digital media; educating, training and assisting users and library staff; maintaining statistics, conducting or coordinating assessments, and participating in planning for service enhancements or growth; keeping current with new technologies related to digital media; and performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This is a non-exempt staff position.
A bachelor’s degree and one to three years of work experience in a library and with library technology are required. Other requirements include:
- Technical knowledge of digital media including the Adobe Creative Suite of applications
- Skills in using digital media hardware, e.g. video cameras, microphones, lighting, etc.
- Strong customer service skills and communication skills
- Ability to manage an inventory of mobile technology hardware
- Experience developing user guides, training manuals, and online tutorials
- Experience providing training or workshops
Preferred qualifications include experience using a chat feature on a helpdesk; basic graphic design skills; experience creating content for web pages; and the ability to gather and analyze basic statistics to inform decision-making.
Apply online by September 29, 2021.