Office Manager- STA
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 233351
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides administrative and clerical support to assigned location, department, college and/or unit. Develops, maintains and ensures compliance of department records. Assists with budgetary matters, tracks department funds and purchasing. Compiles reports and monitors assigned projects and/or program components. May supervise assigned clerical staff and/or student assistants. May maintain the assigned location's Purchasing Card (PCard) usage and processes.
- Assists with assigned area administrative and clerical duties
- Maintains email, voicemail boxes and filing system
- Receives and distributes incoming and outgoing mail
- Manages supply inventory and submits invoices for payment
- Prepares department meeting agendas, meeting notes and distributes accordingly
- Assists with projects and event support
- Creates and maintains office related records and reports
- Interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding operating reports, policies and procedures
- Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day office operations
- May supervise assigned staff and/or student assistants
- Serve as the first point of contact for the department.
- Assist with the administration and proctoring of exams as requested.
- Assist with SDS outreach programming and campus-wide events.
- Provide support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of department, as requested.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Three (3) years of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Previous experience with office management or staff supervision
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to maintain and appropriately utilize the location's PCard Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Strong commitment to diversity and mindful of individual differences.
- Understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Basic understanding of budgets
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233351&PostingSeq=1