Assistant Director, Business Services, Housing
Kennesaw State University
Residence Life and Housing
Job ID: 233088
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day fiscal operations for Residence Life and administration to support the department leadership. Supports cross-functional initiatives including but not limited to human resource management, training, staff development, technology and resource management, and administrative uniformity across Housing & Residence Life (HRL). Requires excellent business acumen, strong financial skills, experience developing personnel, organizational skills, project management skills, as well as versatility, flexibility, discretion and diplomacy, and a passion for improving service delivery for staff and students.
1. Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with University rules and procedures
2. Reviews, maintains, and expands current vendors and potential community engagement
3. Acts the final resource for internal contracts, compliance, and fiscal approvals
4. Administers special cross-departmental administrative projects (e.g., workspace reallocation, inter-office personnel transfers, building/contents/facilities maintenance, asset upgrades, and storage arrangements)
5. Partners with faculty leadership on departmental affairs and advocates the unit's needs and goals to internal and external parties
6. Serves as a continual resource and one stop shop for all HRL staff needs and concerns
7. Ensures proper on-boarding and off-boarding of all department staff
8. Identifies and resolves any potential threats and risks to departmental operations while maintaining operational efficiencies
9. Serves as fiscal approver for Residence Life requisitions, travel, and AP vouchers
10. Assists with five-year business planning
11. Maintains financial records for Housing and Residence Life, Facility Operations, department IT Services
12. Responsible for Housing and Residence Life (HRL) main operations department areas and budget related items
13. Reconciles budgets and aids units as necessary
14. Evaluates current and previous financial data
15. Analyzes financial data and provides forecasting support for all budgets including special housing projects
16. Coordinates budget related business needs of the department including oversight of requisitions, purchase orders, internal/external invoices, check requests, and journal entries
17. Implements and maintains internal business processes, forms and documents
18. Serves as a key stakeholder for review and development of policies and procedures related to all budgets within the department
19. Serves as a budget liaison between Business Services, Facilities, IT and Residence Life
20. Assists with the development and implementation of internal controls to mitigate risk
21. Collaborates with the Office of Fiscal Services to develop, monitor and report on unit budgets
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business Administration or related field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Previous experience in housing and/or residence life
Master's degree in higher education or related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Credit & Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233088&PostingSeq=1