Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 231702
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities for a large academic department. Compiles reports and monitors assigned projects.
- Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
- Serves as an administrative resource for all students, faculty, and staff visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
- Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, reports, and other documents, as needed, for a large academic department
- Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
- Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
- Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
- Monitors and maintains inventory of office equipment, stationery, and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
- Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, gathering data, tracking and archiving files. Processes program applications and major declarations
- May maintain department purchasing card (PCard), cash and/or credit card
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience providing administrative support for large teams; Previous experience in higher education
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to utilize standard office equipment and multi-line telephone system; Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time, while meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position will not travel.
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=231702&PostingSeq=1