Assistant Teacher/Floater for the Regis College Children's Center (82873)
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Regis College Children's Center, the Assistant Teacher/Floater will support the regular classroom teachers by aiding with general classroom maintenance, preparing for daily activities, and assistance in the supervision of students. This hourly, non-benefit-eligible position is for 20 hours per week during the academic year (45 weeks).
- Provide classroom coverage for teachers breaks, meetings, etc.
- Serve as a short or long-term substitute teacher in classrooms.
- Assist in the completion of various Center tasks and projects including, but not limited to, daily classroom set-up and end-of-day clean up, maintaining supplies and art room closet, and the organization of playground toys.
- Follow regulations, procedures, and policies under which the Center operates including emergency procedures and implementation; ensure child safety in the classroom and outside the classroom setting.
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to children and families.
- Discuss and report pertinent issues and/or concerns with immediate supervisor. A list of required reporting will be reviewed annually and kept on file.
- Participate as a member of a professional team to solve problems and share ideas.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as specified by the Director.
- Participate in relevant professional development workshops.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with teachers, children, and parents
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of childhood development and early childhood education equivalent to completion of an Early Education and Care (EEC) Teacher Level Certification and one to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in education or related field required; bachelor's degree in education or related field preferred.
- Experience working with toddler through preschool-aged children in a developmentally appropriate setting.
- Ability to uphold the University's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse learning community.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to care for children in a positive and professional manner.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal classroom environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- Hours subject to change based on Children's Center coverage needs.
- Regular lifting of children, bending, running, and climbing.
- Regular pushing of a six-child passenger buggy.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We're in this together!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veterans status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.