Essential Functions: This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead, manage and mentor the creative team to bring the College brand and message to life through graphic design, social media, photography, videography, digital content, copywriting and other multimedia. Translate the marketing goals of the College into tangible design solutions throughout campaigns and in various deliverable mediums.
- Manage day-to-day workflow of the creative process, ensuring accurate delivery of creative vision, content, and production. Develop processes to build a high-volume, efficient operation, ensuring projects are well-communicated, organized, brand-compliant, accurate, and delivered under tight deadlines.
- Lead team brainstorming sessions to develop creative messaging and visual design that resonate with target audiences while enhancing the ICC brand identity.
- Work with project manager to prioritize and assign projects, review work produced, coach growth and skill development, and maintain a consistent quality design across all content created.
- Assist Director in the annual review of the College’s brand identity and standards, and ensure all materials created are branded correctly. Lead training sessions and build branded resources to maintain brand standards for all campus-wide content creators.
- Work closely with communications and web teams to coordinate and align visual creative across mediums.
- Develop creative team through monthly trainings to stay current on creative and technical trends and build individual skillsets and techniques.
- Schedule and direct marketing photo and video shoots.
- Manage the College photo/video libraries, as well as a systematic process for maintenance of departmental electronic design files and resources into organized libraries and archives.
- Hire and direct outside vendors as appropriate on projects, including freelancers and printers.
- Perform related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia, marketing, communications or related field.
- 5 years of experience in graphic design, multimedia or marketing, supported by a portfolio of samples.
- 3 years of supervisory experience, specifically providing creative direction and development.
- High-level proficiency with print, web, and design software applications (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, WordPress, etc.)
- Prior experience managing brand identity and strategy.
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic design, art direction, photography, video, multimedia production, web content, copywriting, social media, or animation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including design formatting in Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to create collaborative working relationships with others.
- Experience in higher education marketing.
- Experience with branding template software (ex. Lucid Press)
- Experience as a social media manager or videographer.
- Experience using project management software.