Administrative Program Specialist
Oregon Tech is seeking applications for an Administrative Program Specialist (APS)in the Dental Hygiene Department. This is a 12-month, full-time position located on the Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Oregon Tech offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in Oregon. The successful applicant serves as the office manager and is responsible for clinic budget management, accounts payable/accounts receivable; working with numerous other parties and stakeholders to assess, monitor, and assist with the financial goals of the department and clinics. The APS manages and coordinates daily operations for the dental hygiene program and clinical office. The office manager will have oversight of routine monitoring and regulatory compliance such as with; HIPAA, quality assurance, records for routine testing and maintenance schedules, and acts as liaison for IT needs. The office manager is also responsible for patient record management and retention compliance, assists with accreditation compliance measures, and other department projects. The office manager will also work with clients on patient scheduling, billing, answering phones and messages; and will be responsible for training and monitoring tasks for student workers and other staff members.
- Ability to work with a set of diverse individuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Experience in dental/medical office management or dental assisting
- Training in Infection Control and OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogens, MSDS, CDC guidelines for dentistry.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets, document and report formatting
- Bookkeeping, accounting, or account management experience
How to Apply: To review the posting and apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/4499. For questions about this position please contact Search Committee Chair Darlene Swigart at firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.