Executive Assistant provides confidential and comprehensive administrative and executive assistance to the Associate Vice President for Advancement and Campaign and Sesquicentennial Director to ensure efficient office operations. Serves as a principal liaison for all on and off campus individuals with whom this office works: Advancement Senior Leadership Team, College/Unit Chief Advancement Officers or Assistant Deans of Advancement, other Advancement staff, University Administration, Deans/faculty members, alumni, and volunteers. Under the guidance of the Associate Vice President manages daily work flow, coordinating and scheduling meetings related to the administrative roles of the Associate Vice President and matters pertaining to the Campaign and Sesquicentennial, maintaining calendar and making travel arrangements, assisting in preparation of reports and correspondence, ensuring smooth work flow and facilitating effective interaction within and outside the university in support of the Boundless Impact Campaign and Sesquicentennial efforts for Virginia Tech.
- Demonstrated administrative office experience in an academic or professional office setting with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated skills with proficiency using software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook calendaring.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Demonstrated experience making travel arrangements, preparing travel reimbursements and preparing itineraries.
- Ability to write professional correspondence using correct grammar without the use of a template.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects in priority order.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail while performing multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take ownership of the position.
- Must possess strong professional interpersonal skills for positive external communications and interactions.
- Display good judgment and diplomacy skills in working with various levels of both internal and external clients providing excellent customer service via telephone or in person.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Office management experience.
- Experience using AIMS Software System or relational databases.
- Experience working in advancement or fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of related training and or experience
Commensurate with Experience
October 5, 2021
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brandi Barnett at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.