Assistant Vice President and Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment, Planning and Effectiveness, the Assistant Vice President and Dean of Undergraduate Admissions (AVP/Dean) assists in the planning of recruitment strategies and activities to increase all freshman and transfer new student enrollments. The AVP/Dean manages and assures the quality control and expedience of the undergraduate admissions marketing process for both the Metropolitan Campus and Florham Campus. The incumbent is in charge of all aspects of undergraduate admissions and operations at both the Metropolitan and Florham Campuses, and is responsible for meeting the enrollment goals of the university and training/organizing the admissions counseling staff at both campuses. The AVP/Dean will participate in all aspects of recruitment and admissions including, but not limited to, the representation of the university to wide and diverse audiences, travel locally and nationally, secondary school visits, student interviews, event planning and correspondence. Works closely with Deans and Department Chairs on the recruitment and admissions process. The AVP/Dean's responsibilities also include, of critical importance, managing the financial leveraging model in coordination with our consulting partner, to ensure that the enrollment meets or exceeds projections in head count, student type and that the net tuition revenue budgeted is met.
1. Master's degree required, doctorate preferred, with three years of senior level experience in college administration/marketing/financial aid or related field, including staff supervision and managerial functions.
2. 7 to 10 years of college admissions experience.
3. Effective management of financial leveraging for undergraduate enrollment.
4. Effective oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
5. Prior experience with analyzing relevant macro and institutional data.
6. Conversant with computerized systems and a commitment to technology in the admissions operations.
7. Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel in order to encourage a student centered approach to recruitment and maximize net tuition revenue generation and undergraduate enrollment growth.
8. Experience in enrolling students from underserved backgrounds including first generation and low socioeconomic status.
9. Must be willing and able to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends, and at other Fairleigh Dickinson University locations as required.
10. Valid driver's license and ability to travel locally and nationally.
11. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ