Director of Health Informatics
Pace University’s College of Health Professions, located in New York City, is a thriving academic community within a University that is ranked #1 among private, four-year colleges for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights. Pace University was also recently ranked #4 in “Top 10 Colleges Deserving Recognition for their Response to COVID-19” in College Magazine.
The College of Health Professions is a multidisciplinary health college that has successfully launched nine new programs in the past five years. Most recently the College has developed a fully online Master’s degree in Health Informatics and now seeks an innovative and experienced health informatics expert to direct the program. This key position will have a combination of administrative, teaching and service responsibilities. Administrative activities will include program and course development, student recruitment, student learning assessment and support, program progression standardization, seeking and sustaining programmatic accreditation, and faculty hiring and mentoring. This position does not have a research component.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a master’s degree (doctorate preferred) in either a healthcare or information technology discipline (e.g., licensed healthcare discipline, public health, healthcare administration, informatics, artificial intelligence, computer science, statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, machine learning etc.)
- Graduate teaching experience
- Academic administrative experience
- Online teaching experience
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Will have prior experience and expertise in both academic administration and teaching at the post-secondary level.
- Is PMP certified.
- Has experience with both healthcare and information technology.
- Has online instructional design experience.
- Has online program administration experience.
- Has academic leadership experience or the desire for mentorship to a leadership role.
- Shares a deep commitment to effective teaching, developing innovative courses, and mentoring students and faculty.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and actively promotes diversity.
- Will engage in professional service within the University and beyond.
This is a full-time faculty position (non-tenure track) located on the New York City Campus. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with educational preparation and experience.
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/17010
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.