Galveston Island, Texas
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology the Systems Analyst implements, maintains, and customizes software packages specific to the Higher Education Industry. Provides technical and functional support in the areas of: ERP systems administration, problem resolution, support, process mapping, system testing and development, security access, and training. Analyzes, implements, and supports campus databases running in a Microsoft SQL environment. Provides end-user support in the development of database ad-hoc queries using query tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a closely related field and three years of increasingly responsible experience in an information technology environment;
- Experience with ERP systems in an information technology environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL database management, in a multi-user client/server environment and the ability to access data in a complex, multi-purpose client/server software system (Such as Ellician Colleague);
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical support and use of ad-hoc query tools such as Informer, Zogotech, Synoptix, and Business Objects;
- Expertise and experience with application programming tools such as Visual Basic and advanced SQL;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; diagnose problems and recommend appropriate solutions; read and interpret technical manuals and documentation; coordinate project implementation; diagnose end user and programming problems and coordinate resolutions;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to identify and provide user training on a variety of software applications;
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Experience in a college or university setting using Ellucian with a Microsoft SQL Server based database;
- Experience with Informer, Zogotech, Synoptix, and Business Objects from the Technical support perspective (application support, object definitions, end-user support, etc.)