Chair for the Department of Computer Science (Begins Spring 2022)
Department: College of Arts & Sciences
Details About This Position:
1. Review of applications will begin immediately.
2, Search will continue until the position is filled.
3. January 2022 start date is preferred but negotiable.
Job DescriptionThe University of Texas Permian Basin is accepting applications for the Chair position in a growing Department of Computer, Cyber, and Information Science at UTPB for Spring 2022. The rank of associate professor or professor will be considered depending on the candidate's qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter, unofficial curriculum vitae, one-page statements of teaching and leadership philosophy, statement of research, and unofficial transcripts of grades, and the names and contact information for three references to Dr. Haesun Lee, Lee_H@utpb.edu .
Applicants must also complete an employment application. Please follow the link below for instructions: http://www.utpb.edu/services/business-affairs/human-resources/employment-opportunities. The official credential will be required at a later date.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, requiring a background check. A candidate must have documentation for immediate employment in the U.S. UTPB is an EO/AA employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- EOE, including disability/vets.
- UTPB participates in e-Verify.
Required QualificationsREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. The candidate must meet the requirements for at least a tenured associate professor at UTPB.
2. The candidate must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science.
3. Research activity involving undergraduate and master students is expected.
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Expertise in Cyber Security, Data Science, and administrative experience is preferred.
Posting Number: F143P
Open Until Filled: Yes