Visiting Faculty Position in Marketing (Open Rack) (Begins Falls 2021)
Department: College of Business
The Department of Management, Marketing, and Industrial Technology, College of Business at the University of Texas Permian Basin seeks applicants for a Visiting Faculty (Open-Rank) Position in Marketing with an anticipated appointment beginning Fall 2021.
The successful nominee will join a growing AACSB-accredited College of Business. Growth in demand for expanded undergraduate and graduate programs has created the following opportunity for a committed colleague. The College of Business ( http://www.utpb.edu/business) has AACSB-Business accredited programs in six undergraduate majors (Accounting, Energy Land Management, Finance, Healthcare Management, Management, and Marketing), Master of Business Administration (MBA), and Master of Professional Accountancy.
The University of Texas Permian Basin
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an institution of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 6,600 students, with approximately 1,500 in the College of Business. The University offers an excellent compensation package, which includes a broad range of employee benefits and a generous retirement program. A candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check before employment. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Candidates Should Submit a cover letter, CV, statement of research, statement of teaching philosophy, and complete contact information of at least three professional references. Applicant screening will begin immediately. Subsequent recruitment engagements may become available. Contact Dr. Anshu Saran at firstname.lastname@example.org, if needing additional information about the interview opportunities. Screening of applicants will begin February 15, 2021. Position is open until filled. Subject to Texas Education Code 51.25 requiring a background check.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver's license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver's record.
1. To serve as Visiting Professor, Visiting Associate Professor, or Visiting Assistant Professor the appointee will meet Scholarly Academic credentials as defined by the College of Business at UTPB for AACSB-accreditation purposes.
2. To serve as Visiting Lecturer, the candidate will hold either a Master's degree in Marketing or have earned 18 graduate hours in Marketing.
1. Ph.D. in Marketing, with 2 or more peer-reviewed journal articles in reputable outlets in the past 5 years or Ph.D. in Marketing earned in 2020-21.
2. Applicants are expected to teach in either undergraduate program or graduate program or both based on qualifications and experiences.
3. The desired areas are Marketing Analytics, Sales, and Research Methods.
4. Applicants should preferably have terminal degree in Marketing or related area from an AACSB school.
5. Successful candidate should demonstrate excellence or potential for excellence in teaching, research/publications, and service.
Posting Number: F122P
Open Until Filled: Yes