Project Manager IV, PLCI
Job Number: JR-008373
Location: Salt Lake City Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
*****INTERNAL POST WILL EXPIRE 9/14/2021*****
- In collaboration with the colleges and major university practices/departments, the PLCI Project Manager is responsible authoring the New Program/Offering Launch Charter documents with includes the overall business case for the new program/offering, project timeline, and expected impacts and outcomes.
- Responsible for leading the new program/offering cross-functional project team assembled to execute the new program launch charter using a combination of traditional and agile project management skills.
- Oversees and leads one or more project teams composed of department or practice level project managers and cross-functional individual contributors (the core team) assembled to own the execution of all program lifecycle phase which include market research, program design, program launch, and program sunsetting.
- Directly coordinates with university executive leadership in both the colleges and the practices/departments to communicate future plans, risks mitigation actions, and current status to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizes, leads, and manages the bimonthly Program-Level Continuous Improvement Solver Team meetings for one or more groups of programs and or educational offerings.
- Participates in strategy and design events focused on defining and delivering the Next Generation (Education Technology) Platform at WGU in coordination with academic business partners and technology experts.
- Uses problem solving skills based on Lean Six Sigma statistical techniques and problem-solving methodologies (such as DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to lead the Program-Level Continuous Improvement Solver Teams forward in their identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Use Change Management skills and tools to best implement the action plans and project plans.
- Utilize the WGU Program Lifecycle Management system and tools to manage the launch, maintenance, and retirement of courses, programs, and offerings.
Consistently exhibits WGU's Leadership Principles.
Responds with urgency to organizational needs and exhibits excellent judgment while delivering results.
Required Education and Experience -
- A Masters or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Quality, Computer Science/Software/Information Management, Business Management, or Higher-Education Leadership. Education must be from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience in a role that required extensive Project/Change Management skills in a large organization (5000+ employees).
- Excellent understanding of Project Management theory/techniques and demonstrated execution.
- Strong understand of Lean Six Sigma problem solving tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding and skills in Change Management or the ability to be certified to Prosci ADKAR.
- Project Management qualification (PMP) or equivalent.
- Professional experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- Proficiency in project management software tools related to waterfall and or agile methodologies.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to influence change and motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Ability to stand-up and present results and action plans to large groups at internal meetings.
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
- Ability to record and publish meeting minutes, rolling action items, and status reports.
- Ability to use all related computer equipment and applications
- Understanding of statistics and statistical analysis techniques related to continuous improvement.
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Best certification
- Lean Silver or Gold certification
- Experience working in a university or institution of higher education.
- Experience developing and or launching new educational programs or offerings.
- Experience with program or product lifecycle management systems.
- Light travel required, 10% to 15% of time at maximum.
- This role is full-time (5 days a week) in WGU's Salt Lake City office and remote (home) office is not possible
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.