Program Assistant II- Parking Management
The Parking Management Office at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Assistant II. This position is responsible for:
- assisting with several funds handling activities for the department of transportation and parking
- tracking and reconciling all invoicing and payments
- assisting with all daily revenue transactions on miscellaneous receipts to MAP/Oracle financial systems
This position will also be responsible for research and notifications for students, employees, and citizens for delinquent parking accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities* 40 % Count, process, reconcile, and record all cash, coin, and credit card funds collected by the parking management
staff office and short-term revenues on a daily basis. Serve as a permanent staff member present while
counting/reconciling short-term revenues collected from all pay stations across campus. On a regular basis, serve as the lead staff to count and reconcile all PRT fare gate collections from the coin receptacles. Prepare for deposit all funds collected from WVU affiliates and departments, public-private partnerships, and external entities/vendors, and pick up by carrier. Reconcile web sales thru T2 Flex parking software system against revenue services to determine if refunds are due to customer. Coordinate with supervisor to approve and issue parking
refunds. Reconcile all funds collected via Ecommerce for permits, fees, and fines. Assist with ensuring all funds handled are in compliance with WVU and WV state fund handling policies. Assist in preparing financial reports, summarizing current and projected trends. * 40% Coordinate posting all daily transactions on misc. receipts to the MAP/Oracle financial systems. Assist with
developing rates and MOU's for various ancillary campus parking services. Invoice, track and reconcile payment from all affiliates, vendors, and external entities. Track and reconcile invoices and payments, and procure of
products and services for the department using P-card. Responsible for inventory control and accurate
recordkeeping on revenues for the transportation and parking department. Serve as back up for permit office staff and other duties as assigned. * 20% Responsible for collecting all data necessary to insure that citations are attached to the proper vehicle and
contacting persons with unpaid citations for collections of funds. This includes working closely with UPD, State Department of Motor Vehicles, and the RoVR system within the T2 Parking Management system. Send
notifications to any person with outstanding citations and ensure timely follow up/collection of citation revenue. Work closely with Admissions and Records and Payroll to ensure academic holds are correctly placed and payroll deduction is correctly processed.
* Associates Degree of over 18 months, up to 3 years beyond high school, or an equivalent amount of directly related experience.
* Directly related experience in high volume fund handling operations and E-commerce
* Fund handling and basic accounting
* Computer experience with various, Oracle financial systems and processes.
* Through knowledge of the regulations and guidelines pertaining to WVU fund handling and Parking Office.
* Knowledge of accounting principles
* Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise judgment, plan, organize, and set priorities.
* Ability to operate a computer utilizing various software packages.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain composure when confronted with verbal abuse and occasional acts of irate individuals.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate information and explain WVU policies and procedures to others.
* Demonstrated ability to read and write in English.
* Knowledge of cash handling operations, including the operation of cash handling equipment.
* Ability to organize financial information and pay close attention to detail.
Dexterity in operating various office equipment including computers, cash handling equipment, etc.
West Virginia University is a place to grow, explore, interact and learn. It's a place where innovation meets passion, where potential meets talent. It's a place that makes a difference in the world. And do you know why? Because it's a place with you. This University is only capable of such big things because of our employees. Thank you for your hard work, dedication and tireless efforts toward progress. We love having you here. Let's go!
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Underrepresented class members are encouraged to apply. This includes: minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes