Talent Acquisition, Workforce Administration Specialist - Shared Services Center
The Shared Services Center at West Virginia University invites applications for the position of Workforce Administration Specialist. This position will serve as a transactional recruiter in the Talent Acquisition Unit. This position will support the recruiting and hiring processes as well as monitor the onboarding of new hires. This position will use Salesforce case management system to respond to and track employee and manager inquiries and Taleo Talent Management System.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Responsible for end-to-end recruitment and hiring functions including responding to e-form submissions within Salesforce, creates requisitions, drafts job announcements, secures appropriate approvals from hiring supervisors/managers, posts positions on job boards and career sites, assesses and prescreens candidates, extends offers and contracts, and finalizes all search activities.
- Works within Salesforce case management system to respond to and track requisition requests and customer inquiries.
- Responsible for adhering to all federal and state employment laws
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal relations when assisting hiring managers, human resources partners and departments with search, selection and hiring processes.
- Works collaboratively with clients to collect all necessary data required to complete the requisition in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assesses applicants for position requirements and identifies qualified candidates for further review and consideration.
- Conducts initial prescreening with candidates and provides summary of results to hiring managers
- Conducts reference checks and initiates background checks on selected candidates.
- Drafts and extends contracts/employment offer letters
- Collaborates with HR Partners and Center of Excellence on sourcing and recruiting
- Collaborates with other cross-functional team members to resolve employee issues in a thorough and timely manner.
- Serves as a resource to Customer Care Agents to help ensure a high percentage of first-time call resolution for customers.
- Tracks and monitors new hires throughout the onboarding process to ensure all documents and forms are completed prior to new hire start date
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- At least 1-year of experience
- Talent acquisition, recruitment and/or new hire onboarding experience
- Experience using talent management system or HRIS system, and related database applications
- Administrative processes experience
- Customer Service experience
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment/hiring and human resources functions
- Demonstrated experience using talent management systems, databases and data tracking
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service to all levels of the organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage work commitments/deadlines
- Must be knowledgeable in federal/state employment laws regarding compliance and confidentiality
- Must be detail-oriented and ability to manage accurate data and information
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Sep 8, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes