Program Assistant III - School of Public Health (Academic Affairs)
The School of Public Health at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Assistant III. This position will aid in the delivery of the school's academic and professional programs. This position will report to the Senior Associate Dean for Academic, Student, and Faculty Affairs, while providing additional administrative support to the Associate Dean for Professional Programs. The Program Assistant will assist with the management of faculty, staff, and students relevant to the academic delivery of programs and activities related to the Senior Associate Dean's oversight for Student Affairs. The Program Assistant also manages the operational functions in the office of Student and Academic Affairs.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the office of student and academic affairs, including all aspects of daily and operational processes.
- Perform high-level administrative duties related to planning, directing, and coordinating both the academic and operational activities of the office.
- Collaborate with the senior associate dean and other departmental leaders to ensure regulatory compliance with current policies and procedures affecting the school as well as make recommendations for improvement(s) to policies and guidelines as appropriate.
- Provide leadership for campus-wide initiatives and support campus partners as a resource for all content related to the office of student and academic affairs as requested or required by the senior associate dean.
- Collaborate with SPH leadership to ensure that the office of academic affairs is operating in line with our current strategic plan, as well as mission and vision statement.
- Maintain departmental budget(s) including monitoring office expenditures, researching purchasing options, preparing purchase requisitions and invoices, and reconciling purchasing card expenditures. Also be able to arrange all aspects of travel as appropriate and successfully complete reconciliation for these transactions. This position will likely prepare budget requests.
- Attend and participate in university, divisional, and departmental events, programs, and training.
- Assist with the implementation of programs and activities
- Assist with accreditation compliance
- Assist with committees as appropriate
- Assist and coordinate adjunct faculty appointments (including EIF forms, contract letters and on-boarding) as appropriately assigned under the Associate Dean and Senior Associate Dean.
- Responsible for taking minutes at various meetings and for documenting the meeting and disseminating the minutes in a timely manner.
Pay Grade: 15Qualifications
- Associate's Degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two (2) years of experience in higher education or public sector required
- Management/supervisory experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with professional development and professional education in higher education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function as a member of a team acting in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent professionalism and attention to detail with an ability to work in team settings and manage competing priorities
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position. Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu. West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Sep 2, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes