Summer Discovery and Summer Institute for the Gifted (SIG) change students’ lives. We are the world’s most popular pre-college academic, enrichment, and gifted programs for students aged 5 – 17. We partner with world-class universities including UCLA, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton, and Cambridge to run programs where students learn, have fun, and thrive. We are passionate about what we do, the impact we have, and the Summer Discovery and SIG teams who make it all happen.
What’s the job?
The inside sales specialist will be responsible for speaking with potential clients, asking questions and making recommendations for the right product(s). As the initial liaison between potential clients and Summer Discovery, the Inside Sales Associate plays a significant role in driving and growing sales by proactively reaching out to potential clients, following up by phone and email, and closing sales.
The ideal candidate will excel in the art of consultative selling, as well as be self-motivated, driven, and able to work in a high-paced, seasonal business environment. Experience in luxury brands sales is a plus. You will be excited to work with families from their initial outreach to application completion and finally, to enrollment. Your goal will be to help find each client the best program and make sure they successfully complete the application and enroll in the program.
Summer Discovery is a growing company with a seasonal business, so flexibility and the ability to pivot will be important. You’ll work hard, occasionally in the evenings, weekends, and during the summer, you will be pushing for final sales while supporting summer operations. You will be expected to spend some time on campus during the summer. Our office is located in Roslyn, NY but we are open to a remote employee.
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of achieving high sales goals, and selling to clients who expect a very high level of service.
- Receive inbound and make outbound sales calls and respond to information requests from parents, students and channel partners.
- Maintain detailed records in the CRM.
- Contribute to and utilize nurturing and re-targeting sales initiatives including email, call campaigns, loyalty rewards and alumni relations.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge.
- Represent the company and recruit potential clients by occasionally attending student recruitment fairs and events (virtual or in-person), and presenting at information sessions and seminars.