English Faculty - Tenure-track
The faculty member performs teaching duties and professional service for the College. Duties include providing instruction as assigned; conducting and assessing instruction; developing and/or modifying curriculum; assisting students through academic advising; establishing, posting, and maintaining office hours; providing leadership for the development, growth, and support of the College and the assigned area; and undertaking professional community service. Other duties include supporting the mission, vision and values of the College and policies of the Board of Trustees; serving on various College committees, task forces and other groups; and participating in various official College ceremonies and meetings.
This is a 10-months, tenure-track position, which begins January 2022.
A master’s degree in English and one year of full-time teaching or the equivalent adjunct teaching, preferably in a community college setting, are required.
Applicants will be evaluated on criteria including:
- An ability to teach English, composition, and or research writing courses using a variety of learning modalities and principles that engage students and promote active learning.
- Experience developing instructional materials for online and face-to-face courses that are ADA compliant and use Universal Design (UD) best practices.
- Experience assessing student learning outcomes and documenting results for institutional accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to use a Learning Management Systems (LMS) to facilitate web-enhanced courses.
- Effective communication skills reflected in the application, resume and cover letter.
Candidates will be asked to validate teaching experience. A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
A minimum of one year of online community college teaching experience is preferred.
Apply online by September 28, 2021.