Grants/Contracts Mgr, Pre-Award
Kennesaw State University
Sponsored Programs, Grants, and Contracts
Job ID: 232971
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Manage pre-award activities using knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for pre-award functions and awareness of federal rules and regulations related to research grant and contract activity. Pre-award activities include, but are not limited to, assisting faculty/Principal Investigators (Pls) in the development, preparation, and submission of grant and contract proposals.
- Provide advice to faculty and staff regarding grant-seeking at Kennesaw State University
- Assist faculty in all phases of the development of grant and contract proposals, including preparation of detailed budgets
- Ensure compliance with all sponsor guidelines and deadlines and KSU policies
- Prepare proposal checklists, templates, timelines, and guides for faculty and staff seeking grant funding
- Obtain/provide institutional components of proposals and perform administrative validation on all proposal elements
- Prepare proposals for submission to sponsors using electronic submission portals, including Cayuse (KSU's grants management system), FastLane/Research.gov, Assist, and grants.gov
- Manages routing process in Cayuse or other electronic grants management system
- Contribute to Sponsored Programs website to ensure it is user-friendly, has useful information, and is up to date
- Interact regularly with and provide superior support and service to faculty and staff seeking sponsored funding
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in any field
One (1) year of relevant experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Certified Pre-award Research Administrator (CPRA) desired
Proposal and submission experience with an institution of higher education, non-profit institution, or hospital
Experience with Cayuse or electronic grants management system
Experience using electronic systems, including FastLane/Research.gov, Assist, and grants.gov to submit grant/contract proposals
Experience using project management software to organize workflow
Experience with Access and PowerPoint"
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of federal grant regulations (2 CFR 200) preferred
Proficient in Word and Excel required
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Desire and ability to provide outstanding service to faculty and staff
Professional phone and e-mail etiquette"
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=232971&PostingSeq=1