JOB SUMMARY: Recruit prospective students through the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies necessary to meet the enrollment goals of DMACC .ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plan , coordinate and travel to recruitment activities representing DMACC . This would include such items as high school visits, college fairs, parent nights, classroom presentations and meetings with potential students at businesses, agencies and conferences.
- Serve as a liaison with high school counselors and prospective students. Coordinate visits for students and student groups both on and off campus and arranges meetings for prospective students with academic departments and programs. Follow up with prospective students with various communication tools to recruit prospects.
- Collaborate with college staff and faculty to deliver undergraduate recruitment programming. Work directly with staff and faculty on the DMACC Boone, Carroll and Newton campuses to plan and implement a variety of recruitment initiatives.
- Work with supervisor to review results of recruiting initiatives and modify activities as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years post-secondary education.
- Knowledge of programs and offerings at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekends.
- Strong communication skills and excellent public speaking/public relation skills. Ability to plan, organize and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of current software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
- Possession of or ability to obtain an Iowa Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English. Experience as a college recruiter. Experience in a student leadership role.
- Lift Floor to Waist < 10 lbs
- Carry < 10 lbs x 100 ft
- Push/pull horizontal 10 lbs x 18 in
- Lateral Pinch
- Forward reach
- Neck Flexion, Extension & Rotation
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Hand & Foot Coordination
- Ability to be Mobile
Mobility accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and determined by the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demand Category: Light