Research Technician - Department of Biochemistry
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking appplications for a Research Technician in the Department of Biochemistry. Our lab studies protein conformations in single molecule level using a technique called smFRET (single molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer). We are looking for highly motivated individual who is willing to join our team to identify and characterize the dynamic structures/protein-protein interactions/intermediate conformations of synaptic proteins complexes and how it is related to neurodegenerative diseases. The candidate will be involved in exciting projects understanding the molecular mechanism of protein complexes regulating neurotransmitter release and also proteins that regulate the quality control mechanism in the ERAD.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Ability to work independently
- Good time management skills
- Eager to learn new techniques
- Routinely purify and label proteins and conduct smFRET measurements.
- Participate in scientific meetings
- Write manuscripts and collaborate with other researchers in and outside of WVU.
- BS/BA degree in life science or similar discipline (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, physics, etc.).
- Six (6) months of experience working in a biological research laboratory
- Molecular biology such as cloning, protein expression, purification is recommended.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Due to the nature of this job, it may or may not require Medical MonitoringAbout Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Job Posting: Aug 31, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes