Posting Number: req6786
Department: Digital Experience Technology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Digital Experience Technology department within the University of Arizona is looking for a creative, motivated Integration Engineer for the University's Enterprise CRM (Trellis) program. The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of data pipelines and web-based APIs to get data into and out of Salesforce. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
The Integration Engineer will be part of a team which supports Salesforce CRM, branded Trellis. The successful candidate will be working within a dynamic, diverse, and continuously evolving environment collaborating with organizations across campus to integrate a variety of disparate services, develop new solutions, as well as providing technical/architectural expertise and guidance. The University is committed to train the successful candidate in becoming an Integration Engineer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
UITS is a $70 M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus' wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop data pipelines and/or microservices in Streamsets to integrate disparate systems.
- Use AWS services to develop additional integration solutions.
- Utilize strong design and development patterns and frameworks to ensure solutions are sound and meet requirements.
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices.
- Contribute to the development team by sharing knowledge, assisting others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field AND three years of development/integration experience involving complex, multi-tier,
web-based application environments using relevant technologies and programming
- Five years of development/integration experience involving complex, multi-tier, web-based application environments using relevant technologies and programming languages; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Skill in writing technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- AWS development experience.
- Supporting, maintaining and enhancing an externally-facing API or application stack in a production environment.
- Systems development using scripting languages, e.g., Bash, Python, Perl.
- Software version control tools, e.g. Git, Subversion.
- Linux operating system environments.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,946-$75,896
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for CandidatesGrishma Chitrakar
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload an additional document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.