Recruitment Professional II (Phoenix, AZ)
Posting Number: req6504
Department: Admissions & New Student Enrol
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: Phoenix, AZ USA
The Coordinator, Recruitment (Recruitment Professional II) position is responsible for managing an assigned recruitment territory, forming recruitment plans and activities to meet the stated enrollment goals of the University, including a focus on Black student recruitment. This position interprets admissions policies, academic policies and requirements, and student service policies and procedures and effectively communicating these to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, community college administrators and advisors, community based organizations and other faculty and staff. This role serves as the expert and liaison to the recruitment and enrollment planning team regarding Black student opportunities and best practice across Phoenix, greater Arizona and nationally as needed. The Coordinator, Recruitment (Recruitment Professional II) is also responsible for proper expenditure of budget resources for recruitment activities, programs and travel This position is responsible for managing their assigned territory by setting goals, monitoring success, and analyzing recruitment and enrollment outcomes.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses independent judgment to create a recruitment schedule, travel, and strategy based on specific, targeted enrollment goals for their assigned territory.
- Manages recruitment territory, forming recruitment plans and activities that resonate with the students and families, with a focus on Black student recruitment, in order to meet desired goals. Tracks progress toward goals and determines interventions and supports accordingly.
- Actively and independently leads engagement with prospective students, counselors, parents and other constituents regarding the admission process, procedures and related academic information.
- Serves as a resource specialist for communication of complex and sensitive information with respect to application, scholarship/financial aid, residency determination, academic advising/academic requirements and admission to the University. Advises students interpreting pathways to UArizona regarding academics, funding, admission, and opportunities.
- Researches, designs and implements strategic recruitment activities for Black student populations in collaboration with supervisor and other Enrollment Management leadership. Researches, develops, and enhances initiatives to promote the University to Black students, families, and their communities. Develops strong relationships within high school and community college networks, University of Arizona campus campus community, Black Student Affairs (AASA), and other key community based organizations and stakeholders across Phoenix, greater Arizona and nationally as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $45,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Recruitment & Admissions
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Patrick Emmons, Assistant Director, Undergraduate Recruitment
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.