Human Resources Generalist
Front Range Community College
Human Resources Generalist - Larimer Campus
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community CollegesPathways Project, recently selected as a "Most Promising Place to Work" in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also havea strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity.We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community and will support our Philosophy of Inclusion.
We are guided by the philosophy "One College, Many Communities." Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices,but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following:www.frontrange.eduandVISION 2020.
Who You Are
As the he HR Generalist, you will serve as the key point of contact for faculty and staff for the Larimer County and Boulder County Campus locations for a broad range of human resources areas, including employment, compensation, employee relations, performance management and employment law. This position contributes to the execution and delivery of effective HR strategies, services and programs to the campus through collaboration and relationship building with a focus on creative solutions and continuous improvements in HR processes.
SELECTION PROCESS:Position will remain open until filled.
In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist.
SALARY:Mid to High $50s/annually
BENEFITS: 2021 - 2022 APT & Faculty Benefits
- Deliver HR support on a full range and complexity of HR challenges and opportunities in an ever-changing environment. Provide research, answers and follow-up on daily inquiries from employees and supervisors of policies, procedures and HR processes, working collaboratively with college-wide HR positions.
- Direct and advise employees on benefit programs by interpreting and implementing benefit policies and procedures in accordance with the Colorado Community College System and the State of Colorado. This includes group health benefits, disability, COBRA, FMLA, PERA, workers compensation and leave benefits. Advise and resolve benefit issues with various carriers on behalf of employees. Manage the annual open enrollment period and communicate plan provisions to employees to enable them to make informed benefit decisions.
- In collaboration with the Director of Employee Relations work with supervisors to promote a positive working environment. Serve as the primary point of contact for employees to discuss concerns and resolution opportunities. This includes: coaching, counseling, conflict resolution, management of grievances and fair and consistent management of situations.
- Responsible for and oversees the campus operations in addition to onboarding programs and initiatives at the designated campus(es), for all classifications of employees. Ensure adherence to hiring practices and that all workflows are processed timely and accurately through related technology platforms with an emphasis on employee engagement. Collaborate with HR team to ensure new employees acquire the necessary knowledge and resources to effectively navigate the College.
- Monitors ADA reasonable accommodation requests. This includes coordinating with supervisor, employees and physicians in the interactive process, documenting requests, resolutions and follow-up.
- Coordinate with the HR Payroll Specialist on the response to all unemployment claims in a timely and efficient manner. Attend unemployment hearings as necessary.
- In relation to Title IX and Title VII claims, acts as part of the investigation team as designated by the Executive Director, Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator. This may include conducting investigations, follow-up meetings and participation in appeal hearings.
- Responsible for coordinating campus specific performance appraisal systems, by advising supervisors in the creation of evaluations and ensuring they are completed on time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and3 years of broad Human Resources experience. To include demonstrated experience working through employee relations issues; working with managers regarding performance management issues; and having an understanding of how employment laws affect HR practices.
- Life experience that demonstrates an ability to support and contribute to FRCC's commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion.
- Familiarity of federal, state and local employment law, including ADA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- PHR or SHRM-CP
- Expert level Excel skills with the ability to use spreadsheets, graphing, tables, calculations and automation efficiently.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.